Naperville Tennis & Swim Club (NTC)
Covid-19 Practices and Procedures - Pool
These guidelines are from publicly available resources from federal, state, and local agencies. All athletes and NTC staff members are expected to adhere to these guidelines as well as further developed guidelines as the protocols evolve. Athletes, families and staff acknowledge the risk of participation, agree to follow all safety processes and procedures in order to participate, and understand that NTC discourages families in high risk categories from participation.
Guards and Coaches will remove anyone from the NTC facility that fails to comply with safety measures and/or will discontinue swimming if unsafe.
Respond to Early Symptoms:
The key to limiting a spread in group settings is to identify and isolate individuals with early symptoms at the beginning of the disease process. Everyone involved in NTC programs MUST remain home and seek medical treatment/testing if experiencing any of the following and immediately notify NTC via email to info@NapervilleTennis.com
▪ Fever (100.4°F or higher for tennis, 100.5 or higher for pool)
▪ Cough or sore throat
▪ Shortness of breath
▪ Unusual fatigue
▪ Chills/shakes with chills
▪ Muscle aches
▪ Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
▪ Loss/change in smell or taste
▪ See CDC website for the most up-to-date symptoms list and self-checker - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Safety Procedures and Practices:
▪ Staff and Athletes will conduct a self-check and review COVID-19 symptoms and ensure they are not experiencing any symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to attending programs. There are no penalties for missing programs.
▪ Staff will self-report temperature each day to NTC.
▪ Everyone should use the restroom at home prior to arrival and wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
▪ Staff and Athletes will bring their own full water bottle, mask, hand sanitizer and any other desired equipment. In the case of Family Swim this might include a chair as club furniture is not accessible as is not practical to sanitize between uses. Sharing equipment between even family members is not allowed per our government request. Storage of equipment at NTC is prohibited. Please arrive and leave in your swim apparel and bring a plastic bag for your personal items as the place you set your items may be wet.
Swim Clinic Specific Procedures and Practices:
Athletes will learn where they go every time and it will allow for very basic and known ways of where they go and how they get there. Consistency in routine cuts down questions, confusion and time. Athletes will establish a known relationship with their groups.
▪ Athletes must stay in their car until signaled by a coach to enter the facility and should not arrive more than 10 minutes before their start time and must provide for distancing when entering pool.
▪ Athletes’ entrance into the facility need to maintain 6 foot distance from others and athletes will not be allowed to enter until previous group has exited.
▪ Athletes and coaches will wear masks when moving in and out of the facility as long as they are medically able to do so..
▪ No parents are allowed in the facility or outside of their cars without wearing masks and distancing. Parents must remain in the local area (10 minute response time) in case of emergency and pick up their athlete when dismissed so athletes don’t congregate.
▪ Athletes will arrive and leave with their suits on. No changing or showering is permitted. No locker room use is allowed. Restrooms are for emergency use only and only one swimmer will be allowed at a time.
▪ Athletes will be assigned a specific spot to place their personal items on deck home base. The home base for each swimmer will be spaced per social distancing
▪ Lane placement will be set per current governing requirements for occupancy and lane spacing.
▪ Around the pool, athletes and coaches will walk clockwise to minimize crossing paths with others.
▪ Tether home base markers used on lane lines indicating appropriate social distance markers in the pool which accommodates spacing and/or distancing devices such as social distancing station markers.
▪ Coaches will take attendance, including monitoring lane assignments of each swimmer at each practice, tracking who was at practice and where they were located, in the event of positive or suspected case of COVID-19.
▪ No person-to-person contact will be allowed. No horseplay, splashing or spitting water at other athletes or coaches will be tolerated.
Clinic Recap and Timeline: ▪ 10 minutes before practice start time: Athletes arrive at facility and remain in car. ▪ 5 minutes before practice start time: Coach allows athletes to enter facility one at a time and move to their on-deck home base. ▪ Start practice: Coach directs athletes to their in-pool home base. ▪ 5 minutes before the end of practice: Coach directs athletes back to out of pool home base to gather any belongings and begins dismissing athletes to their cars one at a time. ▪ Next 5-10 minutes after all athletes dismissed: Any necessary sanitation or cleaning. ▪ Begin entry of next practice group.
Exceptions to the social distancing guidance isolated to emergencies including: Anyone rescuing a distressed swimmer, providing first aid, or performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation, with or without an automated external defibrillator; individuals in the process of evacuating the facility due to an emergency.
Handling of a Covid-19 case will be managed by the NTC in accordance with current guidance from state and local officials. If an athlete or staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual must do all of the three items below before returning to practice: 1) A minimum of 14 days of self-quarantine from the positive test; 2) No symptoms for 72 hours; and 3) A subsequent negative test. NTC will follow guidance of the State of Illinois on close contact and cleaning in the event of a positive COVID-19 case.